We’re wrapping up an amazing 10 weeks of Anolon’s Cook & Tell Giveaway. Thank you to all of our bloggers for sharing your thoughts about cooking and your love of good food. Here, Amanda Green Bottoms of KevinandAmanda, dishes out tips for finding fresh inspiration in the kitchen, shares her favorite travel-friendly holiday recipe/gift, and describes her excellent cooking experience with the Anolon Nouvelle Copper 12-Inch Skillet. Enter to win this week’s ace skillet in our final Anolon Cook & Tell Giveaway on Facebook.
1. Your recipes wonderfully blend comfort and sensibility with great style and worldliness. How do you overcome the challenge of getting in the common rut of preparing the same dishes over and over again?
I try to incorporate at least 1-2 new dishes into our dinner rotation each week. Instead of writing out our menu for just a week at a time, I try to do something different. I try to jot down dinner ideas for several weeks ahead so I don’t get stuck making the same thing over and over. Here’s a sample menu I created for six weeks of quick and easy dinner ideas: “What’s for Dinner? 6 Weeks of Ideas:”
2. For cooks who are traveling to visit family and friends for the holidays, what travel-friendly dish do you suggest they bring to their host?
I always think Candied Pecans make great hostess gifts for the holidays! Wrap them up in a cellophane bag and tie with a bow and you have a gorgeous, delicious gift to present to gracious hosts. They go with everything and are scrumptious for snacking. I look forward to these all year.
3. What are the 2-3 pots and pans you think are essential for every cook?
Definitely a 12-inch skillet for all-purpose use, a 3-qt covered saucepan for sauces, pastas and rice, and a stockpot for soups, potatoes, and spaghetti.
4. Your husband Kevin must have had enjoyed a great number of delicious dishes over the years. Which one does he love the most?
He loves anything I make with seafood, but he especially loves this Crispy Shrimp Pasta.
5. Tell us what you liked most about cooking with the Anolon Nouvelle Copper 12-inch Skillet?
I definitely appreciate the solid copper base, which holds in heat, the sturdy handle, and deep sloped sides for easy flipping and less spills on the stove.